MY TREASURED AMITY



I see myself as an endearing replica of her.  We have come all the way from being a mother-daughters trio to close buddies.   That’s how she brought us and we grew watching her resplendence.   It might be elusive to define, when we grew. 

Was it when as a child, I asked her to ink her signature in English and not in Hindi in my report card.  Since, I thought her signature should seem to equal with my teacher’s.   It was when we both used to guide her how to teach us our lessons. 

It took me a little long but not too late when I realised what her hands served, tasted better than all that I tasted at restaurants and 5stars.  Then, I began hanging out with her in the kitchen and watched her adept hands preparing the delicacies.  That one trait, which I always admire is the way she is multitasking in her kitchen and her prowess to handle all of it gracefully.  After sometime, I began taking interest in cooking and gradually took over her department.   Albeit how hard I try to copy her taste, I am left behind at proximity.  Whenever I cook, until unless she says the dish is good, I don’t believe it is.

We have lengthened the distance of her deciding which movies should her children watch to her asking suggestions from us if any movie was worth being watched.  She likes our taste and our thoughts intertwine.  I probably grew, when me and my twin sister started graduating away from parents which I remember to be opposing initially.  I assumed our parents don’t love us when she cheered me up without even letting me know how perturbed she was to be away from her daughters for 3 long years.  That was when I gained wisdom of everything that a woman has to take care about.  And I revered her more than before.  I realised how we took her for granted and how badly we needed her. Surprisingly, she has addresses of all the unnoticed and lost things at home which we spend hours searching for.  Just ask her, and there you are at your destination with an extra verbal thrashing.

 I tended to believe in God and nurtured my relationship with the divine. Out of curiosity I initiated reading “Bhagwat Gita” and she always supported my spur.  In fact, she seldom took time off and made sure to accompany me and listen to the verses.  I love her being  a curious cat and querying all about technologies like a child to us, and much to my chagrin, of being unsuccessful a few times.  Her bringing down the legacy of home remedies remains a constant boost for us and we are fan of her incredible solutions.  I adore the way she pulsates to know about the game we play and gets excited too.  Those ecstatic shopping hours we ladies spend on and father keenly takes interest in, expecting the same from us for his turn although it barely happens.

I grew even more when I had a logical view and voiced them in a few important decisions, we grew when life taught us lessons practically.  We definitely grew, when she saw the spark of feminism in our eyes and nudged us to try out new things.
  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ENCHANTED HALO

ECLIPSED HOLI!

A QUIET WISDOM