FADED VISION


This year, the winter season seems to descend at a sluggish pace.  For having been spent the majority of my early life in different parts of country with least winters, now it discomforts me.  My first winter face-off five years ago was terrible although, now it has gradually reduced with the gain of immunity against it.  And still, I tend to cover up myself awfully with multiple layers of warm clothing.  The oncoming of winters saddens me and the departure rejoices me boundlessly.  But, it doesn’t mean that I have no compassion towards winter, rather there are things and facts that I love about them like snowfall, bonfire, sun basking, and a myriad of green veggies and fruits exclusively belonging to this season.  And the power of this season to make your relationship bonds even stronger by clinging close to each other to stay warm.
       A few days back while walking along the road, I came across 3 poor children aged around 3-6 years waiting to cross the road.  Certainly they were the sprouts of the construction labourers who were working on the other side of the road.  Their garbs couldn’t define the weather conditions because what they wore was just to cover their slither and undernourished bodies.  On the contrary, I had worn 3 warm covers and still cold air seemed to pin me through their voids.  Their visage was neither of envy nor of fulfilment.  It conveyed as if they had accepted their predecessor’s penury as their fate too.  Their eyes exhibiting obsolete hopes of leading a better future life.  Although the scene whizzed off within seconds, it kept me perturbed.

Next to gaining consciousness, I had seen my parents collecting our old worn out clothes.  They used to collect it in stocks and then donate it to poor children.  The same they would do to their clothes too.  As a child, for me this knowledge was enough that this is a good feat.  Usually we hear people donating on festivals and special occasions like birthdays, death-anniversaries, etc.  Apart from clothes, they also used to donate food, daily essentials, stationeries (especially for children).   Many a times, it is also done in exchange of a good or service (by toddling vendors).  All this stuff was some worldly thing to me lest I had witnessed and plunged deeply into it. 
Some of the biggest life lessons are learnt not from the books, verses or theorems but from a vision from your daily routine life.  This is why I am emphasizing to donate not just clothes but books, furniture and other important things to the needy.   Love, care and compassion never go in vain when dissipated.
                                                                                 VEDIKA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ENCHANTED HALO

ECLIPSED HOLI!

A QUIET WISDOM