Look! I'm taken to slaughter


It's neither about sects, nor of religion but more of a concern of humane conduct towards the animals. A tiding aroused the feelings of grief and pain for the innocent milch animals, and so i jot down this piece just so that i could give voice to their pain.


How deep are my bruises,
unlike the voice of my words.
I just wish, someone could give
air to my verse.

My eyes are blinded,
with the pain that I witness.
My breaths are bloodied,
with the bawls of illness.

How bad my briskets thrive to,
wean my little one.
And to feel the divinity,
of motherhood for my son.

My milk is wringed,
tempted by all.
I see my kid starving,
helpless, I bawl.

I conceive unnaturally,
my emotions shamed.
Tyranny is gifted in return,
for my honest fame.

None ever saw me graze,
in those wide fields.
And none ever saw me wean
my little kid.

My thoughts stink red,
red with blood state.
With the days nearing,
of my ultimate fate.

Look! I'm taken to slaughter,
my soul flinches.
And my heart goes queasy.
My kid's view pinches.

I hear his whimper,
all through the patches
I leave behind an accursed legacy,
in the alcove of thatches.

In a jolt,
I'm knocked down.
My obsolescence,
is now a waste mound.

The offal's out from the entrails,
all butchered up for sales.
And the carcass lies in dirt,
all to decay in frost.

Now my soul's free,
from all the pain,
from all the laments,
of humanly disdain.

Then you would come hunting me,
and I won't be found.
Except for the bloodied walls,
and stained grounds.

But you'll find the signs
of my existence,
the proofs that convey
that I lived and breathed with persistence.
That I was there mourning my liberty,
and true to my fidelity.

I transpire now,
in this sanctified oblivion.
Wherein my own blood flows,
and the colour red, has now effaced.
While i try hard to abblute
The ordeal my kid has faced.

And now, in those green stretches,
you can find me graze.
It's all green everywhere,
and no more greys.

No more, is my life on threat
that I need to ponder.
No more, i wait for my destiny,
of ultimate slaughter.
                                                   VEDIKA



  



Comments

  1. So touching and true... cruel two faced humanity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your feelins through these lines are so emotional and touching that, it brings bloody tears from the eyes and the Heart. We humans have grown so heartless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that. Amazingly written.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE ENCHANTED HALO

ECLIPSED HOLI!

A QUIET WISDOM