Hide-n-seek


Frozen dreams and sleepy eyes,
Coz last night I was high.
Arduous it is to rise,
and better to sink and lie.

Then came the birds chirping,
“the sun’s about to peek”.
Gently stroking me up,
“let’s play hide-n-seek”.

The chilling night has ceased,
the day’s knocking out there.
After a brief chilly night,
my soul thaws so fair.

Jostling through lethargy,
I walk towards the window.
The sun waved to me from,
far behind the meadow.

So, I step out in a spew,
you shine so bright
My eyes glitter aglow,
at the sultry sight.

I know where you’re hiding,
there behind those creamy clouds.
Coz I can still see the halo,
which you cannot becloud.


Come out of your hiding,
Dear, my eyes so whet.
And just when you do so,
I shall guzzle you erect.

It’s my turn now,
have been yearning for this.
I wonder why the birds and squirrels,
go crazy for the bliss.

The fickle touch me nots,
under my feet tickle me.
Concealed behind the shady tree,
I giggle free.

Don’t do this! Don’t feel me,
you’re such a freak...
Penetrating through the leafy voids,
with those golden streaks.

I know the birds on your side,
so the squirrels too.
And this a plot to deceive me,
your parlance gave me no cue.

Hey look, I ain’t offended,
Don’t you make any alibi.
Your beauty so hypnotizing,
I’m again an inebriated butterfly.

With your prowess to trick,
you still continue to slay.
And me, such a stubborn,
still wants to play.


                                                                       VEDIKA

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE ENCHANTED HALO

ECLIPSED HOLI!

A QUIET WISDOM